Monday, May 3, 2010

random encounter in New Mexico

So I know I've been lame and not updated too much lately, but I'm lurking trying to put some together. gonna post up a few moments in the last few weeks.


as you all know, I was in Texas for 2 weeks in charge of putting together the Texas Interhash 2010. 27 years of TXIH and we finally got a chance to host it, and it went spectacularly.


I will get back to that very soon, but meanwhile.....


On my drive back to California, from Texas, I was in the middle of New Mexico, and passed a guy on a bicycle riding the opposite directions.

It always amazes me to see people (men and women) out on the road, on a bicycle, with everything they needed strapped and loaded on the bike. So when I passed another bicyclist going my direction, a few miles up, I stopped to snap a few photos and to chat with the guy. Mostly, because I've ran across people on bicycles while on my very long motorcycle trips, and I've always wanted to chat with them. As it takes more fortitude and dedication to ride across countries over months, than it does to ride across them in days. :)


Todd, had left Florida 2 months earlier, and was making his way north to Colorado from New Mexico, and then was going to take a train back to Montana where his car was parked with family.

After snapping some shots, I chatted with Todd, and he was a cool dude, and said he had just stopped to talk to the other bicyclist that was going the opposite direction, and that he must have been having a bad day. He said, that the guy was in a pissy mood, albeit cordial, but Todd could tell it wasn't a kind day.

For Todd the day only got worse (from the email I got later on), he hit heavy head winds after we parted ways, and it was one of the worst days of his riding. Some pictures I took.

After which, we made our way on towards Gallup, NM.

enjoy.

No comments: