Monday, May 3, 2010

Utah, Nevada portion of the trip...back to California. (April 2010)

Well, we made it past New mexico, with a nights stay at the historic El Rancho Hotel in Gallup, NM. A lot of old movies were filmed in this region back in the day (northwest New Mexico).
After being denied entrance into "four corners" landmark, as it was gated up and under construction, we made our way west towards Utah.

Along the way, we stopped off to see this little heard of landmark, Mexican Hat.


After zipping by the hat, we drove our way out to Zion National Park.
After paying our entry fees, we made our way down through a mile long tunnel that takes you along the inside face of the mountain as seen on the first photo (a vent for fumes and probably construction access. Just head for the light at the end of the tunnel. It's when I found out that she has a bit of a claustrophobic side. :D

Saw some cars stopped, and this little fella was walking by on the road. It took him a bit, but I must have been scrambling in the truck to put the zoom lense on my camera, because, he had this inquisitive look on him when I looked up. hahaha
There were some cool structures and lines in the mountains through the park, truly breathtaking area. Wish we could have spent more days here.

While driving into the visitors center, I saw this old car, and approached the couple when we all parked. It's a 1970 3CV that they were driving up from Ushuaia, Argentina, with a final destination of Alaska...and then back home. The couple had been on the road for 2 years, and were just plugging along. You too can see them on their blog site.....not sure how google translator will work, but there is an option for it, as their blog is in spanish.

on the way out of the park, I saw this cool little wagon parked out in the middle of a well groomed field next to this tree. Didn't look like it was running, but the photo seemed like one to take.
I stopped at the road sign for the "Extraterrestrial Highway" (Hwy 375 thru Nevada) one funny sticker, "I don't masturbate, I just wash my d*ck really fast" HAHAHAHAHA dropped an on-on sticker in place, and we moved on.

One final stop in Hawthorne, Nv. before rounding our way into Reno for 2 days. I have seen this tow truck before, and really really want to buy it and restore it into a tow truck rat rodd. I think it would look sick, but alas, no room to store it at the moment. soon though, I hope.
Spent a nice 2 days in Reno with my sister and brother-in-law.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!
Is that a goat?

My grandma has this amazing goat family! The baby goat is the cutest thing ever! She jumps on her mom and dad's back all the time...and, her dad is like, REALLY super nosy....his wife is pretty--if she were a person, she'd be like WHOA!

Do you have any bear pictures? [=

machete said...

late reply: but no, no bear photos on this trip. Yeah, the animal just stared at me in the wtf?! kinda way. cracked me up. :D