Monday, May 3, 2010

SV 650s repairs....she runs!!! 5-2-10

It was a fine sunny weekend (not over yet, btw), so I decided, it was not a bad time to work on the SV. After the last trip to Infineon raceway to watch my roomate Adam, race in his first AFM race weekend, I wanted to be out on the track soooo badly.

So nothing more for me to do, than to start working on the race bike.
First: get her running. Problem with racing, and not too many trackdays is the length of time the race bike (not street legal) goes without running or being started.

So after dumping the turpentine (read: gasoline) out of the tank, and emptying the bowls in the flatslide carbs (race carburetors that allow faster and smoother flow of gasoline into the bike), I put new fuel in it, and changed out the spark plugs. She fired up, and ran. Warming her up, zip ties added, parts bolted on where they go, tires inflated....and then a few passes up and down the street to verify. hahahaha she is LOUD as hell, with some yoshimura straight pipes, and a Leo Vince exhaust can.

I pulled out the brand new Sharkskinz race plastics that I bought a little over 2 years ago, and have been lugging around with me since. Time to mock it up, and thanks to Calvin for lending me the front fairing stay to get'r done.

some photos as she takes shape. I think May 31st will be my first trackday and return to the track for the year 2010.
dammit. can't get the cell phone video to upload. anyone got any ideas how to?

No comments: