Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Salida marathon - prelube March 11-12, 2010

Well, the day finally arrived and I jetted off to Colorado Springs to meet up with a few hashers and get ready for the Salida "Run through time" Marathon, in...where else, Salida, Co.

Nacheux was there to pick me up, PBR in hand, righteous. After downing it, we stopped by her place to grab some stuff, and then we were off to Knob Hill (if I remember correctly) for some beers and to meet the rest of the PPH3 guys.


1st pic: myself, Meatgazer, Tonka Butt & Brownie.
Lots of PBR was drank here. I think we cleared 26 tall boys (24oz) of PBR. :D at the 1st bar, hahaha
3rd pic: The hashers in front of the wall of fame!

After which we rolled over to the Black Sheep to watch a band, that never arrived. We figure, as much as we can remember, that we left there about 11pm to the next bar. I think. :D maybe the Irish #4 bar?! who knows. I know I passed out in the truck, and then passed out at Katies, after stopping at the Kings Chef for dinner, passing out in the booth and telling Nacheux that we should leave.

Everyone had a blast at the Black Sheep, even though we didn't get to see the band.
The next day, I needed to get my legs loose, as I hadn't really run...in a while. haha
So Katie, Nacheux and myself went over to the Garden of the Gods, for a quick run, and to feel the altitude.


This is a pretty scenic section, where everyone comes to get a photo, so I obliged as well. You can see Pikes Peak (snow capped) in the background, and the small line going diagnoally to the right, is "the incline".

This was a good day to be out. We waited for wanker to be done with work so we could drive out to Salida.
I have to admit, I was getting a little nervous about the run. It had been weighing on my brain for a few weeks now. Especially since I didn't have the miles under me that I should have. Nonetheless, tenacity, stubborness and the will to keep moving forward would have to carry me through.










No comments: