Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Fillmore

Down at the Fillmore last night. After hanging with my friends Correne and Dave and grabbing a few beers at Zeitgeist, we went down to Fillmore st. Had a blast laughing my ass off with the shit correne kept coming up with. First band was pretty cool. Huge dude singing.

This band, for sure, was the one that stole the show. Streelight Manifesto!!! Can't say enough good things about them. They had the entire crowd jumping up and down, the floor was undulating (yes, big word, but I looked it up ha!) and their horn section absolutely rocked. They didn't slow down one bit either. Gonna have to find their cd soon.

Reel Big Fish put on a good show, but honestly after the last band they really had some big shoes to fill, and I can't honestly say that they did it. Good nonetheless.


Off to dinner at the St. Regis Hotel. Some friends invited me, since they know the chef that owns the Ame restaurant. :) Actually they are a couple chefs from Napa, and I always jump at the opportunity to eat with them.

Truth be told, I haven't spoken to my friend in 2 years. It's good to take stock, and make ammends no matter what. Looking forward to dinner and some wine.

Nice run today, 4 miles...36 min. Tomorrow, I'll be running an 8mile. I'll be sure to time myself and see how I do.

Wondering if I should go for the 30k race or not. Thoughts?

6 comments:

ESPN said...

That restaurant looks fancy smancy! How was it?

machete said...

You know, I'm not one for places that serve you one bite of food per plate. but man, was the food tasty, service excellent, and accompanied drinks just perfect. ;) I guess once in a while isn't bad at all.

I had to go and get a dirty cheeseburger with a PBR the next day to cleanse my pallet, though. hahaha

ESPN said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Fancy is fun once in awhile but give me an In and Out burger anytime!

crom said...

Yep, DT(MF)R reminded me how good IN&OUT burgers can make one feel. :)

I've had to up my running mileage cause of it. ;) haha

ESPN said...

Yeah it's probably a good thing we don't live there anymore! Instead we just have the Chuy's liquid cocaine (aka creamy jalapeƱo) to snort. I love cooking and have been trying to do it on a more regular basis cause it's so much healthier.

Donnie The Retard said...

IN-N-OUT...fuck yeah!!!