Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Snow shoeing....

Day after Xmas was a lazy day. Got up to some ham and eggs that the old carbon based maternal unit was making. Sipped on the coffee and we tried to figure what we'd do today. I got a hold of some old hasher friends of mine from the east bay, that now live in South Lake Tahoe. Exxcess and Lycktonite. Known them for quite some time.

After a leisurely morning, I was itching to get outside, and since they had been shoveling snow all day, they figured, snowboarding was out, but might be up for some snow shoeing. We decided to meet at the Mt. Rose ski resort bar at 2:30, after they opted out of any exercise. hahaha

so Chris and I headed up to the meadows.
Here is a photo of Chris and Eryka's new place. It was definitely a white Xmas.

I hate to say it, but Chris has turned me on to this new bud light (red beer), which comes with clamato juice. Which is my choice over tomato juice. Downed this on the way up to the meadows. Way I see it, alcohol in the blood stream tends to thin the blood, therefore allowing the easier transportation of Oxygen throughout the body. :D Well, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it. Oh, and some new socks...as I'll be snowshoeing in my runners.
Hwy 431 up towards Mt. Rose Highway. Lot of douchebags without a clue as to how to drive in the snow and ice. oh well.
Chris out on the trails. Most were packed down a bit, so not to hard, but we decided to forge our own trails, so we were trekking through powder, sinking about 2-3 ft. Not bad, but a really good workout.
We managed to go out for about 1:15 and loop back around and got some killer views. Unfortunately the cold must have been draining the camera battery a lot faster, cause my camera died while on trail. boooo.
Just a few shots in the meadows.
Self portrait.
After we snowshoed, we still had to get back down to the ski resort. Met up with Exxcess and Lycktonite and had a few beers, as we caught up over a few hours. :)

Exxcess is a very cool dude. Descendant of Gunnar Kassen (who was the final dog sledder to take antibiotics to the town of Nome, Ak. back 1925) An event made even more famous many years later by the Iditarod race, which carries many of the same traditions of that event. While some controversy exists over who should deserve credit, I figure all the mushers that drove their dogs through the night relaying the medicine should be given credit for stopping the outbreak of Cholera in that town. Either way, Exxcess is top notch and I've hashed with him all over.
After we bugged out, we went back to Reno and decided sushi would be the fare of the evening. :D And in Reno, it's always "all you can eat sushi". While it might not sound very appealing...it's a gambling town, so they make sure that most places (you just have to know where to go) have the best food around. This smaller sushi restaurant was excellent. and at $21.00 each, Chris and I made about $140.00 worth of damage in sushi. hahahaha oy, I was full, and definitely the most I've eaten in quite a while at one sitting.
This also helped: "Free Sake"
yep, you heard it right...you also get free sake with your "all you can eat" sushi.


After dinner, we went over to Scrupples Bar to catch up with my sis and down a few beers, before heading back to the house. All in all a pretty cool day. Got to see some friends, and also snow shoed.

Also took care of some stuff that was pending, and hopefully today would be the last day of having to deal with any of it. In a good way. sigh.

1 comment:

Pimp Doggie Dawg said...

YES, i like those damn beers, too
now i mix my own at home--turning me into a damn alcoholic