Tuesday, October 13, 2009

jealousy

I was jealous of another rider today, as I watched him riding his motorcycle down the road (280), southbound, wind howling, with gusts strong enough to push my truck to the side. Into the valley near hwy 92, with the clouds 3 shades of black (dark, darker and blackest) looming in front...the rain beginning to come down in sheets.

I watched him 2 lanes over from my truck, visibly aware of all his surroundings, fighting the wind, senses heightened, glances to his mirrors, full on assault on this road, riding somewhere, either home or to work. All I could think of was that I should have ridden my motorcycle to work. Instead I was comfortable, warm and dry in my truck, listening to Aldo Nova. LOL

eh. Picked up a job in Austin, Texas to start in one week. I'll be canonballing to Texas this weekend. Look forward to seeing old friends, and visiting my family, and having some amazing food only found there.

No comments: