Saturday, October 17, 2009

Chicken and Waffles day....9-20-09

Well, after a long drawn out discussion on one of our forums, and much bragging by the part of my buddy Ben, he decided to cook up some Chicken and Waffles for game day on the 20th of September. Funny how things work out though, because after making the grand plans, and having everything bought, his roomates down in San Jose advise him that his party plans will not go over well, with their friend who is bring their 1 year old kid to the house. : How lame.While telling me about it, all I can think about is Chicken and Waffles...yes, you heard correct...Chicken (fried) and Waffles (the breakfast variety) LOLsmothered in gravy is my preference, and there is a spot in Oakland that does it right.Anyway...I told Ben to just come up to our house and I would host there, and he could have full use of the kitchen...

Well, his plan was to watch the 3 NFL games that were on t.v. that day. Most importantly, the Niners game midday. Rounded out with the Steelers at 5pm.


Cheladas, PBR, and a multitude of other beers were purchased, Ben bought all the food goodness, and those fuckers woke me up at 9:30 am, calling for directions...showing up at my doorstep at 10am. hahaha with beer in hand, I answered, and Ben got to cooking.

First up, Eggs Benedict for Game one and Breakfast. Righteous. I had to have a Chelada with it.
We watched the first game, which, honestly, I don't even remember who was playing. hahaha

2nd game up was the Niners, who won in a spectacular manner....which meant it was lunchtime. Plus, the beer had made us very hungry...so stripper dogs it is. Bacon wrapped hot dogs, thrown on the grill, and doled out to the boys. So good.

Lastly, and the best of all, was the Chicken and Waffles...yes, I'm a fan of gravy smothered all over that creation...but Ben was adamant that I try it without the gravy, and just use syrup. It was freaking good is all I can say.

One final parting shot of all the booze we put down that day, and then some.

Great day with the boys, drinking, eating and watching some football.

No comments: