Thursday, October 22, 2009

1st day (night)........

...well, it's been about 4 years since I work in the E.R., and last night was my first night back. I'm in Austin, working the peds e.r. for a quick contract.
Honestly, it felt like the first day of school.....LOL anticipating things, what it's going to be like, and if I can fit in (remember enough to work there).

It went very well, started slow, most of the time, it's just getting the paperwork/computerwork in order for charting and the hospitals procedures for charting, etc....

as for patient care, that came back easy, like riding a bicycle. It's different, and that's what I wanted....a break from the ICU.

The staff is really cool....and there are quite a few people there that I worked with before. which means, there will be all kinds of shenanigans going on. I just had my schedule modified so that I could have one day off to go to a concert...GOGOL BORDELLO!

one more just for good measure....hahaha, this show should be rockin crazy. I expect to have a bloody nose by the end of it. :D

2 comments:

Smut Mutt said...

Did you see the home-invader from San Marcos? Homeowner shot him 3x and they took him to Brackridge.

machete said...

Dang. didn't see him. I'm at Dell, off 51st street now. They seperated the adult and peds E.R.'s. good on the homewoner though.