Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Whip....

...settled in to Austin, and now to get to the basics. I didn't bring a motorcycle with me, so I could have something to commute on when I go back to SF, which means, I am driving around in my truck and seriously having some withdrawals from riding...and the weather is phenomenal here. Warm, but not blistering HOT as it can be in Texas.

So a couple weeks ago, I saw a bike that I had been looking for, and there happened to be one in Austin. After realizing that my current bike (1999 Ducati M900- Cromo) was getting along in miles (79,300 miles)...basically, it was time to move on to another bike...and a better one to commute on. Or I'm going to blow up the Monster and be left without any bike.

Went and checked it out this morning, and drooled all over it, did the normal dude pissing match with the salesman (how long ridden, craziest moto stories, crashes, and track riding) and we got along just fine. HAHAHA

All the paperwork is in the motions, and I hope to pick up on Thursday.

Here is a nice shot of it.
This is not to say that I'm getting rid of the Monster..there is no way. That bike, in time will undergo a full restoration, and engine rebuild with an over bore kit (944) upgrade. :)

No comments: