Monday, May 11, 2009

TXIH 2009 cont (Saturday)

I can't remember if this was Saturday night or Friday night, but either way, somewhere around midnight I convinced Donnie to bust out his handy dandy grill as I had a can of spam in my truck. :D Sliced it up, grilled them up, Donnie busted out the Cheeze Wizz and crackers, and we had a gourmet late night munch attack.
SPAM
Saturday morning, more proof that the wind would be an issue, when we found Donnie's brother trying to keep the tent from rolling down the hill, as Net had not secured it properly, much less put the tent poles in the right location...
Donnie and Net plot....and plan....
a) delegate duties b) change location c) stake it to the ground d) drink heavily.
The brown car port is the Palatial Palace of Pleasure set up by F.U.K. for the KDH3 afterparties. It was a blast.
Tattooed
The wind was so bad, that Nacheux's canopy was flipped over her tent and went rolling down the hill. My tent was doing push ups, and woke me up in the middle of the night when it flattened out due to the wind, and was laying on top of me...then would spring up, and I'm like WTF?!?!?! hahahahaha
IGUANAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (p.s. The Iguanas are coming to Reno, August 28 - 30th) as a pre-lube to Interamericas Hash and also to Burning Man event) see links for info.
Smut Mutt brought a hog leg to the campout and they buried it and slow cooked it all night on Friday, and had it ready for mid-morning goodness on Saturday. Damned tasty food my friend. All hail the Nuge!!!
All dogs sit pretty when food is involved. hahaha
There were all kinds of games going on while hashers continued to drink and get ready for the evenings run. Caveman would be laying trail on the ball buster run. He had been out all morning Friday, and was back out on trail laying more trail on Saturday morning...damn, this ball buster might be decent....?
Well, trail time came around, and off we went. Front of the pack with the other faster runners, as I just kept pace. About 2 miles into it, we came to the beer stop in the middle of nowhere. From there, the Eagles were told to go backwards on trail (wtf?) to pick up where the trail went....left...into the bryars (waist high brambles/bushes with razor sharp thorns that cut/scrape/skin your legs as you step in/out/through them). Well fuck it, we went into it. I was about the 4th person from the front, when all of a sudden the frb yells out "HOLY SHIT!!" and freezes...I'm like, wtf? Then he says, a huge fucking snake was slithering right past his feet in front of him.

Apparently he has a huge fear of snakes. At this point I'm pissed at the bullshit trail, the stupid shit we're having to run through...so I'm like, fuck it, I'll take lead, and start to mash forward....that's when I look to my left and see this "little guy" already climbing up the brambles, so I take the camera out and shoot a pic. At this point, I'm fed up with the crap we're ripping through, so I go right, and drop into the ravine, and start to run out.
After a few miles, as seen on my gps, I check up and out of the ravine, find a ranch, and make my way to the road (always keeping eye on where I am, and making a general left hand curve towards the campsite) I pop out here. I run to the hwy that we rode in on, and run back to the campsite. I'm pissed that I am missing the trail. Final distance 6 miles.
Then I come to find out that the guys that DID run the ball buster, only had 3.5 miles on their GPS. what the hell?! so I ran 6, cause I ran out, and made my own way. Lame.
Oh, Caveman, what the hell was that? hahahaha
On the other hand, I did rip my legs to shreds.
I posted this one, after I looked at it closer and realized there is some kind of man love going on behind me. I think that's Net and one of the El Paso Hashers wrestling on the stage.
Later, after much more beer, Net decided to take his first nap. I helped him to the ground, and made sure he was fed (crushed peanuts all over his face) and that he stayed hydrated (handed him more beer as often as possible)
After the post run circle fell apart....hashers from several kennels busted out and made their own circle...which went really well.
The band was brought in to drink for playing for us...again. Skunkweed.
More accusations and drinking.
After which I went over and had a shower. The organizers built a huge shower section, with water heater...so hot water was not a problem. Here was Donnie and I trying to figure out whether we should wake Net up from his 2nd nap of the day.
We did. And he didn't look to happy....but he got up and came over to the KDH3 compound for after hours shenanigans.
The band played on
Tekillya and I

We stayed up pretty late on Saturday night, until the wind nearly picked up the car port and between 5 of us, we held it down, as it got very cold, and as Knave went about tearing down the music equipment and the lighting systems...then we all scattered to keep warm however possible. ;)

2 comments:

ESPN said...

That is the BEST cranky Net face ever!!!

machete said...

hahaha totally, the growl left his face when handed more beer..then he went and danced it up at the KDH3 compound...and finally passed out (the 5th time) behind the dj on the ground, in the dirt.