Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pier 39 Sea Lions missing!

San Francisco is in an uproar about the famous Sea Lions of Pier 39. During the winter, it is typical that the pier be covered in smelly, loud and obnoxious sounding Sea Lions, but practically overnight, they all dissapeared. None left whatsoever, since they first took over the pier in late 1989, right after the Loma Prieta Earthquake.

During the summer, the majority of the Sea Lions head south for the mating season, leaving younger Sea Lions, but, this time, nothing.

The absurd excuses and whining from the tourists and locals is laughable.

My thought, maybe the animals know something that we can never figure.
Hell, they say animals can sense impending disaster. :D Earthquake?! and they did show up right after the last devastating earthquake to hit the bay area, the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake which collapsed portions of the bay bridge.

I have a feeling one is coming very soon. I hope I'm wrong of course, as I fly home tomorrow morning. LOL

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wondering the same thing........

brownie said...

Wow, what a great present to wake up on New Years day to find out California has finally fallen into the ocean!

machete said...

LOL, in your dreams.

either way, keeping my emergency preparedness box intact. :D

Smut Mutt said...

You know anything that happens now will get linked to the sea lions, be it an earthquake, extreme weather change, some "green" celebrity kicking the bucket, etc etc...

machete said...

I got hammered drunk, and my hangover was beyond normal.....I blame the sea lions. :(

LOL