Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Gogol Bordello....at Lovejoys!!!

hahaha, so I went to the Gogol concert at Stubbs, in Austin. It was huge and packed, so I was near the back. No biggie, great music, and could see well. Had a few beers...and was thinking of going to Lovejoys after for some beers, and ran into a co-worker of mine.

At the end of the show, after the 2nd encour, Eugene comes on stage and says, "we are going to a local bar, who have allowed us to come in and fuck some shit up...you may know it...it's called lovejoys"

HOLY SHIT!!! I'm watching the crowd start moving towards the door. :D

So I rode my bike over (the 2 blocks) and got in to Lovejoys before the crowd mobbed the place and the doors shut down due to capacity issues.
(read, 2k plus at Stubbs, only 100 people capacity at Lovejoys, maybe less)
They played more music, sang and drank shit tons for hours after the show.
Epic doesn't even begin to describe it. I'll just say it one more time, this is my favorite bar: LOVEJOYS!!!! Austin, Texas.
The funniest part was a few hipster fags and some lesbians who were all bent out of shape cause lots of people were jumping up and down and bumping into them. What the hell did they think this was, a fucking Disney show...it's Gypsy Punk bitches...get over it. hahahaha eventually, after all kinds of yelling and shit, they got tossed to the back. hahahaha
Definitely my kind of rowdy. I have got to go to another show now. :D

2 comments:

brownie said...

At least there's still one hasher in Austin who supports Lovejoy's!

machete said...

fucking aye right! and it's close enough to run to, and stumble home from. LOL