Sunday, February 15, 2009

Reverend Horton Heat @ the Fillmore

So last night, a bunch of us went to the Fillmore in SF, to see "The Reverend Horton Heat". It rocked out. With two opening bands, the first was the "Shitkickers". Of course, with a name like that, how could you not look forward to their opening act... although, I could barely understand most of the lyrics, cause I think the guy was drinking a lot...but with an excerpt from a review on their band...I can see why. HAHA. "..they're kind of a cowpunk band that sings about important social topics, such as drinking, trailers, drinking, bacon, drinking, etc..." :D Nice.

2nd band up, was the "Throwrags" who had me cracking up, after the lead singer was all over the place (with signature Captains hat), a mixture of punk, alternative and psychobilly! They put on a kick ass show, including the stand up bass.




Main headliner, by this time, the beer was well in effect as well as as much 2nd hand smoke that you could shake a stick at. The Rev rocked it, hard. Watching the stand up bassist playing with the bass on the ground, and the Rev standing on top of the bass cranking out the tunes, awesome. :D 2 encores as well. No sell out tonight though, so no posters, but I think they came real close. Bummer. We had a great time, and I had to have Linda drive us home, cause I was in no shape! Making grub at 3am was interesting.


Today is just a lazy in house day, what with all the rain and cold outside. Bryan is making chili and now it's beer time. Posting up photos and getting ready for the week, although it's presidents day tomorrow, so that means another day off...oh, wait, what am I saying, I have a lot of days off. hahaha

No comments: