Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mtn Biking, Redwood Regional Park

Went with Bryan and Roxy out to Redwood Regional Park on Saturday, and got some mountain biking in, after replacing my bent front wheel (thanks to a fellow AFM'er for donating some wheels from his old mtn bikes). I have been adding more and more climbs to my workout, as they are much needed for the runs/races I plan on doing. Not much here where I live, but we do manage some fun altitude gain.

It was a fairly easy 8.5 mile loop, GPS showed about 1800 ft of altitude gain. So that was good. It was muddy as hell with all of the rains. Kicked ass. Here is some photos. I did spin out twice, and had to run the bike up the 15% grade. Not too bad. Great way to spend a Saturday...with a concert lined up for tonight.

Myself, Bryan and Roxy.
TXIH Texas Flag sticker...might need to clean the crank. :D
Bryan "I swear, I didn't shit myself!"

Killer day. On the way down on Skyline blvd (a very twisty road) I was drifting the truck through the curves, while Bryan was white knuckling the "oh shit" bars in the truck. hahahahaha

No comments: