Sunday, December 21, 2008

welcome

Soooo, where did I leave off. Oh yea, it's been a tumultuous few months, but now there is light at the end of the tunnel. Oh well, this past Friday, I felt like I needed to get out of SF for a bit, to clear my head, so I drove up to Reno to visit my sister and her husband, Chris. I left in the morning, and did fairly good time, even though there was snow and ice on the road. Some slow going over the pass, but didn't have to put the chains on the truck. hahaha good thing as it was flipping cold.

Turns out it was perfect timing, as my sister and my brother in law are moving into a new house. I'll post photos later on. It's a cool two story, 3 bed, 3 bath, huge garage, yadda yadda yadda. Anyway, Chris is on light duty, after an emergency appendectomy this past Wed. which he thought was food poisoning. Everything turned out good, and a lot of their friends showed up in trucks, and I think between 4 trucks and one trailer, we moved the entire house in two runs.

organized as best as possible, and then just enjoyed the company of my family.

It was great hanging out with my sister as it has been far to long.























Also got a chance to run into an old hashing friend, McTaco who was up for the weekend at his home in Reno. We bullshitted over some beers.

The next day, took some photos from the deck in my sisters main room. Pretty cool to see the sky red with clouds, figured though, that storm was coming.






So I bugged out earlier than expected and skipped the hot springs. Will do those next weekend as there is quite a bit planned for the holidays. :) I made it over Donner Pass pretty easily, and not too much snow, although it was coming down hard by the time I got up there. Enjoyed a nice peaceful evening in SF last night, after being invited over to the chinese neighbors house for some free home cooked food. flippin' awesome. Their little girl is super cute, and always run to the window, when I start my motorcycle and she hears it, just so she can wave hello. too funny.

At first she seemed scared of the big bad Mexican...hahaha, but it didn't take long for her to be friendly, and then bring me everything in the kitchen for me to eat. :D






















Well, so much to do today, and finally going to get some work done tonight. Headed off for the Holidays in a few days, and planning on getting some snowboarding in, and some snowshoeing, as well as a much deserved trip to Grover Hot Springs.

3 comments:

Gagger said...

Glad to see you have new adventures! Maybe someday I will start posting on my blog again...

Nacheaux said...

Nice! Enjoy your Holidays and the Hot Springs.

crom said...

Thanks gag gag, and nacheueeueueueueuexxxxxx. :D

I had a fun time up there, even with the move. I love Reno, there is so much to do, and it's open 24/7 and they like to drink. hahaha