Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mighty Mighty Bostones @ the Fillmore

So a few weeks back I was talking to some friends about ska and we brought up the Bostones, and how nothing had been heard from them, and mostly the guys were saying that they didn't tour anymore. Imagine my surprise when I saw them pop up on the fillmore lineup. So I grabbed 2 tickets to the show. Managed to convince some friends (Correne and Dave) to come out to the show. With a co-worker of mine sharing the other ticket, we were on our way.
Then I get a call from my buddy Shawn asking me to buy him some tickets, since he's on his way, and he'll give me cash at the door. So I get two more tickets and text him. He arrives at the restaurant and says he bought tickets cause he didn't hear back from me. wth?! hahahaha
well Shit!!! So we call Ed, and Stan and they both are game, so now we got 6 of us out at the concert. Couldn't have worked out more perfectly. I was stoked to catch a band that I listened to a long time ago.
Funny, cause on stage the lead apologized for their long drawn out hiatus and promised that a new record is in the mix....as he put it, he became like "Axl Rose" of guns&roses, and he was sorry for that, and how long it took to get more songs out.
With that the show went on, and man it was jammin...

Non stop....

hahaha I ran into the mosh pit, and had my phone camera set to take pics. snapped this one off in the middle of getting bounced around, and running the pit. Some jackass decided it was a grand idea to bring a pint of beer into the pit. : Sherioushly dude,! WTF?!?! hahaha the beer didn't stay in the glass for that long, and I was wearing a good portion of it. but who cares, it was too much fun.

A good closing encour...badass time, and really great show.




4 comments:

PlaysByEar said...

Aw man!!! I wish they would come to Austin!

I think the only time I saw them was at Warped Tour in Jacksonville in '98 or '99. I remember learning quickly to turn around in a circle occasionally while in the crowd to avoid getting kicked in the head by whoever was being body passed at the moment. It was great!!

machete said...

haha. they still put on a great show. I think they mentioned something about working on an album again, and I have a feeling the lead singer was apologizing for being an ass to his bandmates and it's why they broke it off for a while. seems they're back strong, so you might see them yet.

PlaysByEar said...

I was gonna say that I forgot to ask if they still had Ben Carr dancing. I see by the pictures that they do!

machete said...

yep, dancing guy was there. awesome show.