Saturday, June 13, 2009

Reno/Tahoe Odyssey Relay Race - prelube

A few weeks ago, we went up to Reno and ran this event. A few months ago, a friend of mine told me they were putting together a hash team for the relay race, so I signed up. We had 12 of us on the team with two vans. I got in on Thursday after driving up from SF, and working the night before....meaning no sleep by 2pm....figured if I got to Reno and started drinking, that I could stay up later. Most of the hashers were in, and we all met at the hotel, after the vans were picked up and we painted all over them, we headed out for dinner and beer.



beaver spit, myself and sister.
Your Bitch, from van #2
Lycktonite and myself, finished work.
Then Mike came in and added the posters to the vans, cause he had a special theme he was going to use through the whole race. Here I was contemplating whether I should go pack up and stop drinking or continue drinking. I opted for continue drinking till pass out, delegate bag packing, be ready to drink the following day. hahaha it all worked out.

Lycktonite and Exxcess. Our hosts in South Lake Tahoe over the weekend.
Myself, sister and Call Girl.
A bunch of bay area hashers.
The evening ended at midnight for me, after being awake for about 36 hours. We had to be at the start by 0900, so not too bad of a start. Our van would be starting the race, and I'd be running leg #4 for another hasher that had hamstring issues. More miles for me. haha

2 comments:

Donnie The Retard said...

Dude, that second to last pic was totally an "I KILL YOU!!!" look.

machete said...

hahaha, that look might be misconstrued, it's more of the "I haven't slept in over 36 hours, but I will keep drinking till I pass out, and then get up and run" hahaha