Thursday, March 26, 2009

motoGP 2006 event pics.

So I was trying to catalog some photos and the ADD kicked in. and I started to go through photos from past racing events that I've been too, and found some really nice gems. :D

In no particular order. This is from the MotoGP races in 2006 at Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, Ca.
this is the only road racing track in the general vicinity here, that I have not run my bike around. They require stock exhaust on all bikes, cause the uppitty, rich neighbors refuse the loud noise of the motorcycles...even though the raceway was here years before they started moving in. I think there is like 7 "noise days" allowed. This being one of those weekends.

Here is the Red Bull Mig 15 if I'm not mistaken (or maybe a 17) that came out for a short flyby and aerobatics display. From what I was gathering, it is the only actively flown private Mig in the USA, and there are very stringent rules in allowing it to fly around. (ie. flight time and location/routes of flight)

Here is myself and a bunch of friends, Linda, Brian and James (now in London) The race event usually needs a ton of volunteers, so they volunteered for corner worker duties, and I volunteered as medical personnel. Awesome, cause that vest is practically a vip pass to almost anywhere on the track. Got some great photos cause of it.
Valentino Rossi joking with the crash truck crew, after his engine blew up from overheating. It was super flipping hot this weekend. The crash truck crew were awesome, and crazy dudes in there having a blast. they would see how fast they could get this dually down the track and around the corner, and when they'd come down the front straight all the guys would be surfing in the bed of the truck, trying not to fall over.
Some of the greatest minds in racing. Jeremy Burgess (chief mechanic for Rossi), Valentino Rossi (motoGP world champion) and Mick Doohan (5 time motoGP champion).
Fabio and myself. :D For all the shit that this guy gets for his commercials and modeling...he is one cool motherfucker. I saw a documentary on this guy and at his mansion in Italy, he has a huge collection of motorcycles. He is an avid motorcyclist and when they toured the inside of his house, he had about 11 motorcycles sitting and parked in his kitchen. When asked, he said "I don't cook, so I store my motorcycles in here"
haha awesome.
A crazy, one-of, Ducati Monster bobber. pretty much the only thing that resembles a Monster is the frame, and the L-twin motor. It was pretty sick, and I'd rock it, but they want 12k for it now that they are trying to sell it.
Randy Mamola (ex-motoGP rider) taking people out for guest rides on the Ducati Desmosedici which was set up for guest riders. Here he is coming in for a stop, doing stoppies with the passenger on.

Linda wanted to go shower, and needed a ride to the shower location...but only having a solo seat bike, she had to sit on the tail light. precarious, as the whole tail is chopped off this bike (this is now my race bike :D )
At the time, a little known racer (well, not little known) but not very popular, and was in the last pit at the end of pit row. Chatted with him for a bit, real nice guy, from Australia. :D Yep, Casey Stoner, when he was riding for Honda, the year before going to Ducati and then becoming motoGP Champ in 2007.
A shot of me with King Kenny Roberts Sr. also motoGP champ back in '78, '79 and 1980.

One of the Kenny Roberts custom bikes that he was making and promoting at this race weekend. Pretty sick.

No comments: